Is there a way to find out if someone you know has an arrest warrant outstanding? The simple answer is, “yes. You can perform a warrant search to find outstanding warrants.”In Otsego County, searching for warrants begins with contacting the court that issued the arrest warrant.
Several courts in Otsego County can issue arrest warrants; therefore, to ensure that you discover all arrest warrants issued within the county, you must individually contact each court. The Supreme Court for Otsego County and the County Court are in the same location, making it convenient to search these two courts’ court records. The Clerk’s Office for each court is located at 193 Main Street in Cooperstown, NY 13326. To search for active warrants and open court cases, you will need to go to the Clerk’s Office in person rather than inquire by telephone. The staff will not give you any legal advice, but they will explain how to search the court records.
The Oneonta City Court can also issue arrest warrants within Otsego County. The court’s physical address is 81 Main Street in Oneonta, NY 13820.
Another source for finding out if an arrest warrant has been issued is the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office serves outstanding warrants in Otsego County. Therefore, you will be able to check for outstanding warrants through the Sheriff’s Office and request copies of arrest records for arrest warrants that have already been served. The office is located at 172 County Highway 33W in Cooperstown, NY 13326. The Sheriff’s Office also links to the NYS 100 Most Wanted Fugitives list on its website.
Can you get any information about Otsego County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, call Corrections at 607-547-4252.
- For bond-related details, inmate records and services, and visitation, dial the phone numbers of Otsego Jail – (607) 547-6441.
- To inquire about arrest records or outstanding warrants, call the Civil Division at 607-547-4271.
- To request an incident/accident/arrest report, call 607-547-4270.
- To connect with the investigator handling your criminal complaint, call 607-547-4273.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at 607-547-6464.
- To find out more about requesting criminal court records, call the Clerk of Court at 607-322-3140.
Ostego County, NY crime data
The Otsego Sheriff’s Office received around 640 criminal complaints in 2020, nearly the same as in 2019. These included more than 560 non-person crimes and 75 violent crimes.
The non-person crimes category included over 450 larceny thefts, 80 burglaries, and 24 motor vehicle thefts. The violent crimes category included 38 aggravated assaults, 30 rapes and 7 robberies.
Crimes rates in Ostego County decreased by ten percent between the years of 1999 and 2008. Violent crimes increased by a small amount during the time. Of the approximately 5,600 crimes that were reported during this period, only nine percent were violent crimes.