Trying to defend yourself with the claims that you did not know about the active warrants issued in your name will be relatively futile when you are being hauled to the police station in handcuffs. This is where an arrest warrants search from Schuyler County, NY, done in advance, could have come to your rescue.
So, if you have not yet conducted such an inquiry in your name, it would be prudent to do so now. For your search, you can approach a state department or go through a private organization. If you choose the latter, filling the form on this page will allow you to access a vast criminal history database.
On the other hand, approaching a state department will entail visiting their office in person or sending your inquiry through the mail. The response received will generally include details on arrest records, outstanding warrants, cases against the subject, and more. It is imperative to understand that you will be arrested if an active warrant from Schuyler County is found in your name when you are at the police station.
If you are concerned about such an eventuality, it will help to stick to online agencies. You will have to incur a small cost for your inquiry on arrests and warrants one way or the other. For conducting a warrant search in Schuyler County through a state department, you can go to:
- The sheriff’s department: 106 10th St, Watkins Glen, New York 14891
- The magistrate’s court: 105 9th St, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
- The county clerk’s office: 105 9th Street, Watkins Glen, New York 14891
Can you get any information about Schuyler County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, current inmates and dial the phone number of Schuyler County Jail – (607) 535-8228.
- For general inquiries, information on arrest warrants, reporting someone with an active warrant, requesting arrest records and police reports, call (607) 535-8222.
- For victim’s services and information on order of protection, contact the District Attorney’s Office at (607) 535-8383.
- For judicial records, case search, jury duty information, traffic tickets details, and court dockets, get in touch with the judiciary at (607) 228-3350.
Crime Statistics for Schuyler County, New York
In 2020, the Schuyler Sheriff’s Office received 49 criminal complaints, as opposed to the 69 cases received in 2019. These included 39 property crimes and 10 violent crimes.
The property crimes category included 30 larceny thefts and 9 burglaries. The violent crimes category included 4 aggravated assaults, 4 rapes and 2 robberies.
Between 2001 and 2008, almost 1100 criminal incidents transpired in Schuyler County, New York. Fortunately for the area residents, only about 5% of these cases were lodged in violent criminal matters. Over this interval, the annual crime rate was found to be at less than 150 incidents.